Friday, June 4, 2010

KDS Blog Inauguration

Today, June the 4th, a new blog is born. It will be mainly about NintendoDS homebrew programming, but also about KDS software progresses. What is KDS? Well, formally this is the name of a homemade software developing group for NintendoDS; concretely, it's me :) My nick is kitus, so the first letter stands for me; the two final letters are obvious, I think...


In a general vision, the NintendoDS unofficial software programming is mainly based on libnds, the open source alternative to NintendoDS official SDK, called NitroSDK. However, although there are some useful documents through the net, almost all are obsolete ---that means, tutorials about old versions of libnds---, so this blog pretends to be a logbook about the hints or tricks related to newer versions of this NintendoDS library, that means, since 1.4.0.

In addition, KDS is the former name of me, trying to develop software ready to be launched and used in NintendoDS handheld systems, mainly videogames. In this amazing path, I will sure find some implementation obstacles; due to that, this blog will be:
  • the memorandum of the solutions I find by analizing the source code of libnds, or navigating through DS development forums,
  • together with the announcement of progresses in my own software projects,
  • and even the release of small pieces of DS-focused codes.
I'm sure this blog will be useful for me, but I hope it will also be useful for some people in the same situation of mine. So I'm launching this blog as a kind of encounter place for doubts and solutions, so please feel free to comment about anything about DS programming. Even, there's a cbox as a forum chart.

See you all in the subsequent posts of KDS Homebrew Blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment